UPDATES (posted 8/6/22):
- There will be NO class on Friday August 19th.
- The class time will be changing to 1:30pm-2:30pm beginning Friday Sept. 2nd.
Every Friday - Join us to learn conversational Lenape language! Learn to carry on a simple conversation in the Lenape language, as it was spoken on the East Coast before colonization. Topics include:
- Some basic greetings
- Please and thank you
- How are you doing? I am...
- What is your name? My name is...
- Who/what is it? Animals and things
- Are you hungry? Foods
- What color is it? Basic colors
By the end of the class, you will have joined the growing ranks of practical Lenape speakers and contributed to the revitalization of a nearly lost language.
Teri Hislop is a member of the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania. She is part of the current project to revitalize the Lenape Language (Unami dialect). She is a Native Storyteller, flutist, beadworkers and pine needle basket maker.
Please review our Adult Events Attendance Policy.
Have feedback? We'd love to hear from you! Fill out our online feedback form here!